Thursday, May 16, 2013

Liseys Story (2006)- Stephen King

Plot:  Lisey Debusher Landon lost her husband, Scott, two years ago, after a twenty-five-year marriage of the most profound and sometimes frightening intimacy. Scott was an award-winning, bestselling novelist and a very complicated man. Early in their relationship, before they married, Lisey had to learn from him about books and blood and bools. Later, she understood that there was a place Scott went- a place that both terrified and healed him, that could eat him alive or give him the ideas he needed in order to live. Now it's Lisey's turn to face Scott's Demons, Lisey's turn to go to boo'ya moon. What begins as a widows effort to sort through the papers of her celebrated husband becomes a near fatal journey into the darkness he inhabited. Perhaps King's most personal and powerful novel, Lisey's Story is about the wellsprings of creativity, the temptations of madness, and the secret language of love (The summary of the book, belongs to the author, and publishers of Lisey's story and can be seen on the inside flap)

Year: 2006

Author: Stephen King

Publisher: Scribner

Genre: Horror/ Psychological/ Romance

Review: I loved this book! I think this book is just wow! It's a very deep story filled with love, and terror. I don't even know how to review this book, really it was that good in my mind. I'm a romantic type. I love dark romance like gothic romance type story's I love it. I think it's because i'm a romantic at heart but yet I love horror and when the two are combined it's just wow. With that said would I go out looking for a relationship with this much darkness surrounding it god no. Okay now that i'm done with the intro i'll continue with my review. First of all, this is a complex read so far out of all the King Novel's I have read this one absolutely requires the highest reading level to comprehend. Now, it's not very hard. But, if you're younger or have a hard time following a story that switches from past to present constantly then you will likely have a hard time following. But, if you take the time to read this book. I don't think you will be let down. This book I think is King's most intimate novel. I believe it's kind of a love letter to his wife Tabitha. It's unreal this book explorers the darker realms of a relationship it doesn't focus on all the good things. Well that's not true it does just it does have darkness surrounding those good things, but because of that it makes those good things, that much better. This book is very psychological, romantic, dark, deep, and sad. I loved this book!

Level of Disturbance (8/10): I think this story is a rather disturbing one it just shows how dark a relationship can be. And, the emotional toll it can take on each spouse.

Sex (6/10): It did have sex. No rape or anything, and not very detailed either. But, detailed enough you know what's going on.

Blood and Guts (4/10): It wasn't extremely gory, but the gore it did have for the most part was pretty gory. At least depending upon your imagination.

Bottom Line: Read this book! Yes it can be hard to follow in spots, and maybe even hard to read if you're a lower reading level, but even then it's worth a try I think. Great book! Especially if you love both horror and romance.

Rate: 10/10

Other book covers: 




2 comments:

  1. Great page man! I love that you're a Stephen King fan because so am I! I review'd a few of his books on my page. I just followed you!

    If you wanna talk more horror films/books, check out my page! Look forward to chatting with you in the future.

    Cheers!

    http://grimmreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I look forward to looking at your blog. I will follow you as soon as I finish writing. This sorry there hasn't been much reviews on my blog for awhile. I'll see if I can't put on up today. I've been super busy this summer. Anyways yup I love Stephen King's novels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, for commenting your opinions are important to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...